The Memory Disorders Clinic at UCLA-Olive View Medical Center is under the leadership of Sheldon Wolf, MD.
This clinic specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with memory and cognitive disorders, dementia, and Alzheimer's disease. The majority of patients are from the Hispanic community in the San Fernando Valley, but the clinic cares is for both English and Spanish speaking patients. Comprehensive evaluations by a multidisciplinary team of physicians, nurses and neuropsychologists are provided for people with memory problems or suspected Alzheimer's disease. Obtaining an early diagnosis enables patients to take advantage of the most effective treatments and to maintain the highest level of functioning for the longest period of time.
Olive View Memory Disorders and Dementia Clinic Evaluation:
- The evaluation process is usually completed in two visits with scheduled diagnostic tests between the two appointments
- Diagnostic tests may include a neuropsychological assessment, functional brain imaging, structural brain imaging, and/or lab work
- A team of multidisciplinary health care professionals (physicians, nurses, neuropsychologists) meet to review each case individually
- Upon request, referring physicians can receive a summary report of the evaluation
- Patients may choose to receive clinical management of their memory loss or dementia symptoms at UCLA
- Educational information and referrals to appropriate community resources are provided to patients, families, and caregivers
- Eligible patients are invited to participate in clinical trials or other research opportunities to help develop new treatments for memory loss, Alzheimer Disease and other dementias
Memory Disorders Clinic at
Olive View-UCLA Medical Center
Clinic B 2A-185 Room 8
14445 Olive View Drive, (Education & Research Institute)
Sylmar, CA 91342-1437
Phone: (818) 212-4597 (Spanish Speaking)